Pleasanton Spousal Support Lawyer
Livermore Alimony Attorney
California Spousal Support and Alimony Law
If you are just beginning a divorce, it may look as if the spousal support issues are not going to cause a big fight with your spouse. However, that may be because in California, spousal support is easily determined on a temporary basis. The larger conflicts arise later when the final judgment of divorce is at hand. At the Law Offices of John A. Guthrie, our lawyers are well-versed in all the factors that must be considered in making decisions about whether and how much spousal support should be awarded.
Questions about California spousal support? We have answers.
- If you think you may have to pay support to your soon to be ex-spouse, you need an attorney who can explain how alimony law works.
Factors that the court must take into account include:
- What is the length of your marriage?
- Do you have a much larger income relative to your spouse's income?
- Will your spouse need more education to make up the difference?
- How long will that take?
- Do you still have minor children?
- Are they in your custody or the other parent's?
- Will you also be paying child support ?
- How does community property division figure in? (4320 factors)
- If you are already paying alimony, but your financial circumstances have changed, you need a family law attorney who can help you get a modification of the divorce decree.
- If you are an ex-spouse who is supposed to be receiving support, but payments are sporadic, late, or non-existent, you need an attorney who can bring an enforcement action as well as find your former spouse, find the assets and make collections.
At the Law Offices of John A. Guthrie, we help clients with all aspects of spousal support and alimony issues. Contact us today for a free initial consultation.
Your California Dissolution of Marriage Attorneys