Pleasanton Domestic Violence Attorney
San Ramon Restraining Order Lawyer
When spousal abuse allegations are raised in a divorce , all the stakes are raised. In California, the law makes a presumption that a parent who abuses a child's other parent should not be given joint custody of the child. At the Law Offices of John A. Guthrie, our attorneys have extensive experience in representing both husbands and wives in cases alleging domestic violence.
When you have questions about domestic abuse, we have answers.
- If you have a restraining order against your spouse who keeps violating it, talk to our attorneys who can help you enforce the order. If you have decided to seek a divorce, discuss how domestic violence will affect the case before filing for dissolution .
- If your spouse has falsely claimed that you have committed abuse, you need to contact a Pleasanton domestic violence lawyer as soon as you can.
- You could be removed from the home if your spouse gets a protective order.
- You could lose custody of your children.
- You could lose your reputation and even your job.
- You could be picked up for violations of a restraining order.
- You could be accused of stalking .
Read more about our misdemeanor criminal defense practice.
At our firm, our attorneys are very sensitive to domestic violence issues that are raised in the context of dissolution of marriage. Don’t hesitate to contact us if the specter of abuse has raised its ugly head in your divorce.
Your California Family Law Attorneys